As our course on “Covering Global Food Insecurity” wound down this past fall and we discussed our experience covering the Borlaug Dialogue and World Food Prize, we realized that we were not able to include in our report the voices of those who are critical of using genetically modified organisms. The Des Moines conference featured the views of many who promote or at least accept using GMOs in world agriculture. We intend to include the views of thoughtful critics soon. —Bill Allen, assistant professor of science journalism and manager of MU Earth.
- Dairy industry aims at nutrition, social aspects of UN sustainable goals
- Hall of Laureates celebrates those who feed the hungry
- Rural transformation—urban growth: better together
- Africa’s Norman Borlaug, World Food Prize winner Akinwumi Adesina accepts Laureate
- Breaking down silos builds stronger research