As our course on “Covering Global Food Insecurity” wound down this past fall and we discussed our experience covering the Borlaug Dialogue and World Food Prize, we realized that we were not able to include in our report the voices of those who are critical of using genetically modified organisms. The Des Moines conference featured the views of many who promote or at least accept using GMOs in world agriculture. We intend to include the views of thoughtful critics soon. —Bill Allen, assistant professor of science journalism and manager of MU Earth.
- Food insecurity a threat to already unstable nations
- First 1000 Days: outrage and inspire
- Small scale farming to large scale agriculture: the move toward environmentally friendly practices
- Thirty years after the birth of Sasakawa Africa Association, no signs of slowing
- Empowering women starts with girls at home, school